I will bring a box or 2 on monday. I am going to keep it in one of the instructors office, I will find out Monday whose office it will be in. I figure we can contribute to the box until we get back from Thanksgiving. The following are some things to think about when deciding on what to send. Try to keep items small, nothing too big so that there are not problems sending.
- Card games (UNO, decks of cards, bones, small chess set, etc)
- Hygene items (toothbrush, nail clippers, etc.)
- Candy (Chocolate can be sent because it is winter, nothing too soft though)
- Letters or notes thanking them for their service. Letters from kids and drawings are nice too.
- Bagged popcorn
- Single powder drink mixes for bottled water
- Stuff like beef jerkey (bangin)
This is just a few items to think about, whatever you can think of that might put a smile on their face and make their time go by easier. Receiving mail is great for the mind and lets them know that what they are doing is appreciated. Letters or notes thanking them goes a long way, hopefully everyone can add their own personal touch. No nudy mags, unauthorized, even though they are an outstanding idea. Car magazines and things like that are good though. Try not to send books or anything, we have to look out for the weight of the boxes. We might be able to get a flat rate on sending the boxes so that will be nice. I will find out next week so that info will be coming next week. Well, hopefully everyone likes the idea and decides to participate. He is sacrificing alot and I am sure it will be much appreciated.
Thanks, Michael
No comments:
Post a Comment