Friday, December 12, 2008

Good morning group,
I'm sure by now you are all enjoying the semester break you have all worked so hard to get to. I wanted to just "close the loop" on your assessment class final, in case any of you are curious. When I did test analysis, there were 2 questions I decided to take more than one answer on. One was the question that gave you the results of Weber & Rinne, and you were supposed to pick, "this could be sensorineural hearing loss". Many of you though also picked "conduction of sound through bones is impaired"---that is partially true, so I also accepted that answer. The second question I accepted more than one answer was the one many of you asked me about---the pregnant woman having bleeding gums. I decided the answer" it is probably a vitamin c deficiency" was too attractive.... so I also accepted that answer.
I wanted to let all of you know that I really enjoyed having you in class this semester. You are a great group. All of you exhibited tremendous growth and evidence of gaining a good knowledge base and great skills as the semester progressed. I know future semesters are going to be challenging----just remember, when you are convinced we are just trying to murder all of you it is that we are getting you ready to be an RN who is the cream of the crop. I am proud of all of you. Remember also that you are to use your assessment skills from now on to truly look at your assigned patients (and all of their data-their history, their medical diagnosis, their physical assessment, their diagnostic test results, and their medicines) to figure out what you need to do as their nurse to correct their priority problems. You can do it!
I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and relaxing semester break.
P.S.---I noted by scanning the blog that you were thinking about a party at Pete's Piano Bar....Kid C and some of her gang go there occasionally. So if ever you are there, and you see a kiddo that looks like me-but (currently) with blond hair---could be black again by next week, or red or brown or??---if you note that she is dancing on top of a table, tell her I said to get down from there and behave!
Cheryl Livengood

No comments: